The latest trailer for Koei Tecmo's The Legend of Zelda-themed hack-and-slash Hyrule Warriors introduces newcomer Lana, a sorceress who uses magic spells to sweep away her opponents.
The trailer above shows Lana in action, summoning spells from a tome she carries. Lana can create glass-like structures that allow her to flit above her sea of enemies, then shatter these structures to disband them — turning them into piles of rupees, Hyrule's famous currency.
In addition to some light punching and kicking, Lana can also summon giant cubes and build walls that squash and push enemies back, giving her numerous tactics for quickly clearing the battlefield.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward