A new Silent Hill comic series will explore the backstory of Silent Hill: Downpour's antagonist, prison guard Anne Marie Cunningham, later this summer, publisher IDW announced today.
Silent Hill Downpour: Anne's Story will explore the "mystery surrounding her journey to Silent Hill, and the terrors she faced upon her arrival," while offering more backstory on the character. Tom Waltz, who also wrote Silent Hill comics Sinner's Reward and Past Life for IDW, is handling the story. Artist Tristan Jones (Ghostbusters, Hoax Hunters) will illustrate Anne's Story's covers and interiors.
IDW has published comics and graphic novels based on the Silent Hill franchise for more than a decade. The latest series is a spin-off of 2012's Silent Hill: Downpour, which was developed by Vatra Games and received mixed reviews.
Silent Hill Downpour: Anne's Story will debut this August. Here's a look at the first issue's cover art.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Here's how to make Uruks cry in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor