Referring to this soft-launch release as version 0.1, Industrial Toys said the goal at this point is to "flesh out and destroy any remaining bugs, test the RPG systems to make sure the game loops feel fun, turn some dials, etc." The studio ran a closed beta earlier this year.
Industrial Toys is led by CEO Alex Seropian, the former head of Bungie. He founded the studio in 2012 to develop mobile games, and Midnight Star — originally known as Morning Star — is the company's first project. For more on the skill-oriented touchscreen shooter, check out our preview from December.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death