Referring to this soft-launch release as version 0.1, Industrial Toys said the goal at this point is to "flesh out and destroy any remaining bugs, test the RPG systems to make sure the game loops feel fun, turn some dials, etc." The studio ran a closed beta earlier this year.
Industrial Toys is led by CEO Alex Seropian, the former head of Bungie. He founded the studio in 2012 to develop mobile games, and Midnight Star — originally known as Morning Star — is the company's first project. For more on the skill-oriented touchscreen shooter, check out our preview from December.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business