The next Doom will appear at QuakeCon 2014 in a "sneak peek" that only attendees of the show will get to see, publisher Bethesda Softworks announced today.
Known for years as Doom 4 but so far called simply Doom in the teaser trailer that Bethesda released during E3 2014, id Software's long-in-development shooter will be shown early on at QuakeCon.
"This an exclusive thing we are doing for attendees as part of our annual QuakeCon Welcome presentation," said Bethesda on the Bethblog today. "We'll have plenty more to show everyone at a later date, but we didn't want another QuakeCon to go by without doing something special for the amazing QC community and id supporters that have been with us for more than 20 years."
A Bethesda representative confirmed to Polygon that the Doom presentation will not be livestreamed on the web, and added, "QuakeCon will be the only place for fans to check out the new Doom game."
QuakeCon 2014 will run from July 17-20 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas. In the meantime, you can check out the E3 teaser below.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake