The next Doom will appear at QuakeCon 2014 in a "sneak peek" that only attendees of the show will get to see, publisher Bethesda Softworks announced today.
Known for years as Doom 4 but so far called simply Doom in the teaser trailer that Bethesda released during E3 2014, id Software's long-in-development shooter will be shown early on at QuakeCon.
"This an exclusive thing we are doing for attendees as part of our annual QuakeCon Welcome presentation," said Bethesda on the Bethblog today. "We'll have plenty more to show everyone at a later date, but we didn't want another QuakeCon to go by without doing something special for the amazing QC community and id supporters that have been with us for more than 20 years."
A Bethesda representative confirmed to Polygon that the Doom presentation will not be livestreamed on the web, and added, "QuakeCon will be the only place for fans to check out the new Doom game."
QuakeCon 2014 will run from July 17-20 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas. In the meantime, you can check out the E3 teaser below.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade
- Where to buy?