The server migration is part of an effort to keep multiplayer servers running following GameSpy's closure. The Glu Mobile-owned service that once provided multiplayer functionality for dozens of games on consoles, computers and mobile devices, shut down May 31.Titles from a wide variety of publishers, including 2K Games, Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, Sega and Ubisoft have all been affected.
The downloadable title update is slated to go live on Steam at 1 a.m. PST, which means it'll likely be ready to go when you wake up this morning. Unfortunately, because of the new server, multiplayer leader boards and the cinematic gallery will both be reset. Additionally, campaign difficulty will default to Normal difficulty.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it