Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut, a port of the handheld game from 2010, will be released for Windows PC via Steam next week, developer WayForward announced on Kickstarter.
"Remember asking for a PC port of Shantae: Risky's Revenge back in October?" the post reads. "It was a popular topic during our live streams, and many more of you rallied hard to get the game through Steam Greenlight."
Players will navigate half-genie heroine Shantae through deserts, enchanted forests and more while solving puzzles and mastering the art of belly dancing. The game will be available for $9.99. No details have been released about what the Director's Cut will include, though more information is expected "shortly."
WayForward launched a Kickstarter campaign for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, a new entry in the series, in 2013. Fundraising efforts ended with nearly double the campaign's asking price of $400,000. The game is expected to launch this year for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Windows PC and PlayStation Vita.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Endless Legend seeks the perfect imbalance to keep players exploring and exterminating
- College football players want the NCAA Football video game back as much as you do
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo