An Assassin's Creed game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 could be revealed "soon," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said during an investor call today.
In response to a question about Ubisoft's plans for the franchise on "current-gen" systems, a term the questioner used to exclude "next-gen" systems PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Guillemot said that news about other systems will come soon.
"At the moment, that's what we have, yes," he said, referring to the company's plans to release Assassin's Creed Unity, on PS4 and Xbox One. "We said that we were going to give more info soon on that, and it will come soon."
A Kotaku report earlier this year cited "a number of sources" claiming that two Assassin's Creed games would arrive this year — one for new consoles and one for old consoles. In late March, Ubisoft unveiled Assassin's Creed Unity, which is pictured above and is in development for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
For more on Assassin's Creed Unity, be sure to read our in-depth report and interview with the developers from E3 2014 and watch the trailer below.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today