An Assassin's Creed game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 could be revealed "soon," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said during an investor call today.
In response to a question about Ubisoft's plans for the franchise on "current-gen" systems, a term the questioner used to exclude "next-gen" systems PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Guillemot said that news about other systems will come soon.
"At the moment, that's what we have, yes," he said, referring to the company's plans to release Assassin's Creed Unity, on PS4 and Xbox One. "We said that we were going to give more info soon on that, and it will come soon."
A Kotaku report earlier this year cited "a number of sources" claiming that two Assassin's Creed games would arrive this year — one for new consoles and one for old consoles. In late March, Ubisoft unveiled Assassin's Creed Unity, which is pictured above and is in development for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
For more on Assassin's Creed Unity, be sure to read our in-depth report and interview with the developers from E3 2014 and watch the trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?