Entwined, Pixelopus' colorful, abstract action arcade game, will be available for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita "in the very near future," creative director Dominic Robilliard announced via the PlayStation Blog.
In Entwined, players control two souls in love who can't be together, represented by a bird and a fish. When combined, the two become a powerful dragon.
"The story was inspired by our first concept art ... [which] reminded us of an ancient Chinese book Zhuangzi," Robilliard wrote. "There was a story about Peng, a giant bird that transforms from a Kun which is a giant fish. In conjunction with several other concepts, like reincarnation and Chinese folklore of carps turning into a dragon when leaping through the dragon gate, we came upon the story of Entwined: a fish and bird representing two souls who are in love but cannot be together. One lives in the ocean, one soars in the sky, always separated by fate, reality and distance."
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers