The PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One versions are still on track for release in Nov. 2014. When asked about the Wii U version of the title — no footage has been shown of this version up until this point — Bandai Namco stated it would launch in 2015.
"We're committed to delivering an exceptional and unique experience for racing fans on Wii U and for this we kindly ask our devoted and passionate Nintendo fans for a little more time in order to ensure the game delivers on our vision of being the most authentic, beautiful, and technically-advanced racing game on any platform," Bandai Namco said in a statement.
Bandai Namco U.K. marketing and PR director Lee Kirton also tweeted confirmation earlier today that the Wii U version would be the only one to miss the Nov. release date.
Project Cars has been in development with Slightly Mad since 2011. Last fall, the developer announced that it would not be publishing the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, instead choosing to focus on the new generation of hardware. Earlier this month, Bandai Namco announced that it had acquired the rights to publish the title, which will include dynamic time of day and weather systems as well as compatibility with Sony's Project Morpheus virtual reality headset.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)