Slightly Mad Studios' racing simulator Project Cars won't be available on Wii U until next year, publisher Bandai Namco told Eurogamer.
The PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One versions are still on track for release in Nov. 2014. When asked about the Wii U version of the title — no footage has been shown of this version up until this point — Bandai Namco stated it would launch in 2015.
"We're committed to delivering an exceptional and unique experience for racing fans on Wii U and for this we kindly ask our devoted and passionate Nintendo fans for a little more time in order to ensure the game delivers on our vision of being the most authentic, beautiful, and technically-advanced racing game on any platform," Bandai Namco said in a statement.
Bandai Namco U.K. marketing and PR director Lee Kirton also tweeted confirmation earlier today that the Wii U version would be the only one to miss the Nov. release date.
Project Cars has been in development with Slightly Mad since 2011. Last fall, the developer announced that it would not be publishing the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, instead choosing to focus on the new generation of hardware. Earlier this month, Bandai Namco announced that it had acquired the rights to publish the title, which will include dynamic time of day and weather systems as well as compatibility with Sony's Project Morpheus virtual reality headset.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake