Nintendo will reveal a new character for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS this upcoming Monday, July 14, the company announced today.
The reveal will be streamed through the official Super Smash Bros. website in each territory beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
In a post on Miiverse, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai said rather than host a new Nintendo Direct video presentation to announce the character, the team wanted to showcase the new fighter in a livestream.
"Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made..." Sakurai wrote, suggesting that the game's roster is almost full. "Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live."
The latest challengers to be added to the legendary fighting series' roster were announced during E3 last month: Lady Palutena from the Kid Icarus franchise, Pac-Man — a commemoration of Nintendo's collaboration on the titles with Bandai Namco's Team Sora — and the new customizable Mii Fighters.
Super Smash Bros. will launch on Oct. 3 for Nintendo 3DS and this holiday for Wii U. Check out an in-depth look at all the new stuff coming to the series' latest iteration in our massive E3 preview.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake