Nintendo will reveal a new character for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS this upcoming Monday, July 14, the company announced today.
The reveal will be streamed through the official Super Smash Bros. website in each territory beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
In a post on Miiverse, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai said rather than host a new Nintendo Direct video presentation to announce the character, the team wanted to showcase the new fighter in a livestream.
"Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made..." Sakurai wrote, suggesting that the game's roster is almost full. "Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live."
The latest challengers to be added to the legendary fighting series' roster were announced during E3 last month: Lady Palutena from the Kid Icarus franchise, Pac-Man — a commemoration of Nintendo's collaboration on the titles with Bandai Namco's Team Sora — and the new customizable Mii Fighters.
Super Smash Bros. will launch on Oct. 3 for Nintendo 3DS and this holiday for Wii U. Check out an in-depth look at all the new stuff coming to the series' latest iteration in our massive E3 preview.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?