When Destiny's beta begins next week, players will take a trip to Mars in the massively multiplayer online first-person shooter's Blind Watch map.
Design lead Lars Bakken took players on a tour in an IGN video this week to introduce the map. Blind Watch resides within Destiny's Crucible, the game's player versus player arena.
"This map takes place on Mars, [in an] abandoned human civilization out in the dunes," Bakken said. "You can see, if you look off in the distance, the Martian sands have really overtaken where humanity was at one point."
Press play above to see Bakken's guided tour, which explores its major landmarks. You can check out Polygon's time in the Crucible from Destiny's recent alpha in the video below.
Destiny is scheduled for a Sept. 9 release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and its beta begins next week. For more on Bungie's post-Halo universe, be sure to read our E3 2014 in-depth coverage, which includes interviews with Destiny's developers.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall