Fans of Disney's Frozen can now pre-order a unique PlayStation 4 engraved with art inspired by the animated film — if they're in Japan, that is.
Sony Japan's online store is offering a limited-edition PS4 featuring Elsa and Anna, the two sisters at the heart of Frozen's story, engraved in gold on the cover of the console's hard drive bay. The unit is available for pre-order for the price of 42,980 yen (about $424.23). A copy of Frozen, which is known in Japan as Anna and the Snow Queen, is sold separately for 4,000 yen.
Frozen hit theaters last November and pulled in more than $1.26 billion worldwide at the box office, making it the highest-grossing animated film of all time. The Frozen PS4 will be released July 16.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?