The skins will be available as a free, automatic update that is currently slated to hit next Tuesday, Gearbox said. They can be obtained as rare random item drops within the game. Costumes include a Moon Moxxi outfit for Gaige and a Claptrap costume for male characters, and Gearbox is planning to host community events around the skins. During the panel, Gearbox noted that the skins were inspired by cosplay — these skins are basically the Borderlands 2 characters cosplaying at Pre-Sequel characters.
Borderlands 2 is currently available on Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is slated to launch for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on Oct. 14, but could come to PS4 and Xbox One in the future.
Megan Farokmanesh contributed to this report.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free