The skins will be available as a free, automatic update that is currently slated to hit next Tuesday, Gearbox said. They can be obtained as rare random item drops within the game. Costumes include a Moon Moxxi outfit for Gaige and a Claptrap costume for male characters, and Gearbox is planning to host community events around the skins. During the panel, Gearbox noted that the skins were inspired by cosplay — these skins are basically the Borderlands 2 characters cosplaying at Pre-Sequel characters.
Borderlands 2 is currently available on Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is slated to launch for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on Oct. 14, but could come to PS4 and Xbox One in the future.
Megan Farokmanesh contributed to this report.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Sharknado: The Video Game lays waste to Manhattan, iOS, common sense