Razer today unveiled a $200 moddable fighting stick for the Xbox One during the kickoff to the Evolution Championship Series fighting game tournament in Las Vegas.
The Razer Atrox Arcade Stick was built with eight Sanwa Denshi buttons and an arcade layout. The controller can be popped open with a button press. Inside there are dedicated slots used to store the included alternative bat-top joystick, a detachable 13-foot USB cable and bundled screwdriver.
"We designed the Razer Atrox Arcade Stick for Xbox One on the same principles that made the Razer Atrox for Xbox 360 so popular amongst the fighting game community," Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO, said in a prepared statement. "Professional gaming is growing rapidly into a global phenomenon, and gear like the Razer Atrox Arcade Stick for Xbox One will help fighting game players everywhere dominate the opposition in style, match after match."
The stick, which also includes an interchangeable top plate and honeycomb interior structure for easy component screw mounting, will go on sale worldwide next month.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Bravely Default outshines modern Final Fantasy titles by selling one million units
- Learn how to copy, and know when to steal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?