Razer today unveiled a $200 moddable fighting stick for the Xbox One during the kickoff to the Evolution Championship Series fighting game tournament in Las Vegas.
The Razer Atrox Arcade Stick was built with eight Sanwa Denshi buttons and an arcade layout. The controller can be popped open with a button press. Inside there are dedicated slots used to store the included alternative bat-top joystick, a detachable 13-foot USB cable and bundled screwdriver.
"We designed the Razer Atrox Arcade Stick for Xbox One on the same principles that made the Razer Atrox for Xbox 360 so popular amongst the fighting game community," Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO, said in a prepared statement. "Professional gaming is growing rapidly into a global phenomenon, and gear like the Razer Atrox Arcade Stick for Xbox One will help fighting game players everywhere dominate the opposition in style, match after match."
The stick, which also includes an interchangeable top plate and honeycomb interior structure for easy component screw mounting, will go on sale worldwide next month.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes