Raiden has been a mainstay character of the Mortal Kombat series since its beginning, so his inclusion on the roster for Mortal Kombat X is hardly a surprise. Still, NetherRealm Studios revealed him at Evo 2014 with a solid review of his moveset, comprising a good two minutes of gameplay in all.
Raiden takes a lickin' from Kotal Kahn, too, but gets the better of him with his electrocution co — uh, kombos, teleportation moves, lightning traps and fatality. This is graphic violence, but you probably expect that of Mortal Kombat. Still, don't watch if there's polite kompany over your shoulder.
IGN has another video, of Ed Boon discussing Raiden and the game's design over the same video above. Consider it director's kommentary.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- A New Steam Controller
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?