Raiden has been a mainstay character of the Mortal Kombat series since its beginning, so his inclusion on the roster for Mortal Kombat X is hardly a surprise. Still, NetherRealm Studios revealed him at Evo 2014 with a solid review of his moveset, comprising a good two minutes of gameplay in all.
Raiden takes a lickin' from Kotal Kahn, too, but gets the better of him with his electrocution co — uh, kombos, teleportation moves, lightning traps and fatality. This is graphic violence, but you probably expect that of Mortal Kombat. Still, don't watch if there's polite kompany over your shoulder.
IGN has another video, of Ed Boon discussing Raiden and the game's design over the same video above. Consider it director's kommentary.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28