Raiden has been a mainstay character of the Mortal Kombat series since its beginning, so his inclusion on the roster for Mortal Kombat X is hardly a surprise. Still, NetherRealm Studios revealed him at Evo 2014 with a solid review of his moveset, comprising a good two minutes of gameplay in all.
Raiden takes a lickin' from Kotal Kahn, too, but gets the better of him with his electrocution co — uh, kombos, teleportation moves, lightning traps and fatality. This is graphic violence, but you probably expect that of Mortal Kombat. Still, don't watch if there's polite kompany over your shoulder.
IGN has another video, of Ed Boon discussing Raiden and the game's design over the same video above. Consider it director's kommentary.
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart