Battlefield 4 has kicked off a summer promotion called Battlefest with a double XP weekend, and introducing free skins, community challenges and daily contests with prizes.
The first double XP weekend is underway now, and every week Battlefield 4 will release a free camouflage in-game for all players. The first community challenge runs from Tuesday until July 20, and requires the entire community to reach 15 million revives, across all platforms. Reaching that milestone means everyone who logs in receives a gold Battlepack.
As for the contests, AMD is providing the prizes for the "Battleshots" contest taking place daily, in which players are asked to submit screenshots based on a certain theme requirement. Daily winners get an AMD graphics card, a $50 gift certificate to the DICE store, and a Battlefield 4 Premium membership on their platform of choice. There's also a longer-running "stunt video" contest promising a "massive prize" to three winners; more details on both competitions may be found here.
Battlefest hasn't announced an end date (though the Battleshots contest lasts until Aug. 13). The Battlefest kickoff coincides with the launch of the Dragon's Teeth expansion, releasing this week for Premium members.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???