The latest characters to join the roster of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS are Lucina and Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening and Captain Falcon, Nintendo and Team Sora announced today in a stream on the game's official website.
Lucina was introduced in Awakening, which launched for Nintendo 3DS in January 2013. Robin is a named version of the character players create at the start of the game, the avatar that serves as players' vehicle through Awakening's story. Robin can be played as a male or female character.
The video teased Captain Falcon (shown in the screenshot below) and he is now listed as an official fighter on the game's website. Chrom, another Awakening character, was shown fighting, but it is unclear if he is an alternate for Lucina or an assist trophy. A representative from Nintendo confirmed with Polygon that Chrom is not a standalone playable character.
Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai also revealed in a post on Miiverse that the studio reached out to Ubisoft for artwork to include an in-game trophy of Rayman from his eponymous series. Ubisoft responded by sending Team Sora a brand new 3D model rendered specially for the game.
For more details on the latest in the Super Smash Bros. series, check out our hands-on with both the Wii U and 3DS versions from E3 earlier this summer. The game will launch for 3DS on Oct. 3 and for Wii U this holiday.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- See how World of Warcraft's other side lives
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine