BioWare's Mass Effect series has made a deep impact on modern science fiction and the way we see and tell stories set in outer space. But a recent new alien teased in a trailer for the newest season of Doctor Who looks nearly identical to one of its most popular characters, as spotted by Eurogamer.
Imagine the scenario: the Doctor (now in his 12th incarnation) and companion Clara sprinting down the corridor of some massive spaceship, rounding a corner and running into none other than Garrus Vakarian, turian agent and one of Commander Shepard's loyal companions. At least, that's who the alien in the above screengrab resembles.
Finding the Doctor on the Normandy or paling around with turians would make total sense. We're not sure if Clara and Kaiden would get along very well. And would Doctor Who lead writer Steven Moffat be more likely to write a story for FemShep than male Shepard? One thing is for certain, though: Garrus would make a totally BAMF companion.
Watch the official season eight trailer for Doctor Who below, with our Garrus-like friend showing up at the 27 second mark. Eerie resemblance, isn't it?
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible