BioWare Edmonton and Montreal studios will be attending this year's Comic-Con 2014 to discuss the development of the upcoming Mass Effect release, it was confirmed in the schedule for the official Comic Con International.
According to the event description, panelists including lead animator Carl Boulay, producers Fabrice Condominas and Mike Gamble, senior artist Noel Lukasewich and community manager Jessica Merizan will share their experiences of shaping the next game in the series.
Information about the next Mass Effect title remains scant so far. In Feb. 2013, Bioware community manager Chris Priestly wrote on the franchise forums that calling the upcoming title Mass Effect 4 is doing the series a "disservice" because the story of Commander Shepard is over. The next game is not a prequel or a sequel to his tale, Priestly wrote. The studio also said the jump to next-gen consoles for future games won't be as resource-intensive as development for PS3 and Xbox 360 because it will not likely need a dramatic increase in staff for development.
The studio confirmed in 2012 that it would be working on a new title within the Mass Effect universe.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.