Pokémon fans will have the opportunity to eat Pikachu's likeness in hamburger, beef curry and mango pudding parfait form starting this weekend with the opening of Tokyo's Pikachu Cafe.
The Pikachu-themed cafe is part of the Pokémon the Movie XY exhibition, which will serve Pikachu food and sell other Pokemon limited edition goods, like postcards, t-shirts and tote bags. But the real, perishable draw is the Pikachu food. In addition to a teriyaki burger with Pikachu ear-shaped tortilla chips — which costs 1,080 yen (about $10) — the cafe offers Pikachu pancakes, curry buns and two types of Poké Balls: one made out of rice, the other made of mousse.
The Pokémon the Movie XY exhibition will be open from July 19 to Aug. 31 in Roppongi Hills.
Here's a sampling of the Pikachu-themed menu to whet your appetite.
- Obama says Sony shouldn't have pulled The Interview, promises 'response' to North Korea
- Hands-on with the new, drastically faster Halo 5: Guardians beta
- 2014 in review: The year's best mobile games
- Sony 'disappointed' in Obama's criticism over The Interview
- Halo 3: ODST remaster coming to The Master Chief Collection for free as apology to players
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Wonderful Korratime (Friday, Dec. 19)
- The Ending of Dragon Age: Inquisition (!Spoilers obviously!)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 4.1 - 'Tis the Week Before...
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- The Besties need your help in picking the best game of the year!