Pokémon fans will have the opportunity to eat Pikachu's likeness in hamburger, beef curry and mango pudding parfait form starting this weekend with the opening of Tokyo's Pikachu Cafe.
The Pikachu-themed cafe is part of the Pokémon the Movie XY exhibition, which will serve Pikachu food and sell other Pokemon limited edition goods, like postcards, t-shirts and tote bags. But the real, perishable draw is the Pikachu food. In addition to a teriyaki burger with Pikachu ear-shaped tortilla chips — which costs 1,080 yen (about $10) — the cafe offers Pikachu pancakes, curry buns and two types of Poké Balls: one made out of rice, the other made of mousse.
The Pokémon the Movie XY exhibition will be open from July 19 to Aug. 31 in Roppongi Hills.
Here's a sampling of the Pikachu-themed menu to whet your appetite.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Explore Unreal Tournament in these 5 gameplay videos
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will now release one week earlier