Doom Bots of Doom tinkers with the abilities of in-game AI bots by increasing those abilities in a few ways. For example, in typical games, the ultimate ability of game character Lux will be shot as a single laser; in Doom Bots it will burst out in all directions.
Players will unlock harder difficulties as they fight the Doom Bots. According to Riot, this means: "Bots with 2 Bombs respawn with Bonus Doom effects such as Anivia's passive or Swain's ultimate, while 5 Bomb Doom Bots carry TWO Bonus Doom effects and provide the most extreme challenge in this brain-bursting Featured Game Mode!"
Riot adds that those who challenge them at least once will also recieve a Doomtastic summoner icon.
The company regularly brings out limited time game modes to the massive online battle arena game, which includes the earlier 6-man mode that launched briefly at the beginning of this year.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- Report: Walmart canceling Destiny Ghost Edition pre-orders 'due to a supply issue'
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today