Late last month, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood launched for Android and iOS, and the game with the celebrity's likeness could earn her $85 million, TMZ reports.
According to the publication's sources, Kardashian receives 45 percent of net profits. Assuming that the game earns an estimated $200 million this year, and accounting for $10 million in expenses, that would put Kardashian's cut at $85.5 million.
In Kim Kardashian: Hollywood players take on the role of an aspiring celebrity. Using Kardashian's "in-game audio commentary, hand-selected wardrobe, and persona authenticity" to rise to fame, according to developer Glu CEO Niccolo de Masi, players encounter celebrities, visit exclusive clubs and can become an A-list movie actor, fashion designer or cover model.
Update: Bloomberg reports that, since the game's June 25 release, Glu Mobile's sock has risen 42 percent.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)