Late last month, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood launched for Android and iOS, and the game with the celebrity's likeness could earn her $85 million, TMZ reports.
According to the publication's sources, Kardashian receives 45 percent of net profits. Assuming that the game earns an estimated $200 million this year, and accounting for $10 million in expenses, that would put Kardashian's cut at $85.5 million.
In Kim Kardashian: Hollywood players take on the role of an aspiring celebrity. Using Kardashian's "in-game audio commentary, hand-selected wardrobe, and persona authenticity" to rise to fame, according to developer Glu CEO Niccolo de Masi, players encounter celebrities, visit exclusive clubs and can become an A-list movie actor, fashion designer or cover model.
Update: Bloomberg reports that, since the game's June 25 release, Glu Mobile's sock has risen 42 percent.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???