Late last month, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood launched for Android and iOS, and the game with the celebrity's likeness could earn her $85 million, TMZ reports.
According to the publication's sources, Kardashian receives 45 percent of net profits. Assuming that the game earns an estimated $200 million this year, and accounting for $10 million in expenses, that would put Kardashian's cut at $85.5 million.
In Kim Kardashian: Hollywood players take on the role of an aspiring celebrity. Using Kardashian's "in-game audio commentary, hand-selected wardrobe, and persona authenticity" to rise to fame, according to developer Glu CEO Niccolo de Masi, players encounter celebrities, visit exclusive clubs and can become an A-list movie actor, fashion designer or cover model.
Update: Bloomberg reports that, since the game's June 25 release, Glu Mobile's sock has risen 42 percent.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today