The game, which will arrive Aug. 6 in Europe, will also be released alongside a demo that includes Metrico's first level.
"This demo consists of the entire first world," van de Mortel wrote. "In terms of gameplay time, the first world is about 5% of the entire game. Please note that this world merely touches the surface of what we're trying to do with Metrico. More inputs will be added in every world as complexity and difficulty increase. We sincerely hope you enjoy the demo and if you're up for much more exploration and mindbenders, it will only be a few inputs away."
For more on Metrico, be sure to watch our coverage from Gamescom 2013 below.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer