The Last of Us Remastered will include a special mode for players to create and share images from the post-apocalyptic thriller, and Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells offered a glimpse at the mode on Twitter today.
During our hands-on session with The Last of Us Remastered yesterday, Naughty Dog community specialist Eric Monacelli said that the studio plans to implement a photo sharing mode with a launch-day patch. Players will be able to use the DualShock 4's Share button to post screenshots, as usual. But the special mode will allow them to turn off the game's HUD and tweak other elements to create artful images based on screengrabs from the game.
According to the photo Wells tweeted, the mode looks to be called Share Mode in The Last of Us Remastered; we've checked in with Naughty Dog to find out if that's the final name. It appears to offer filters such as vignetting that players can turn up as they see fit. Infamous: Second Son developer Sucker Punch added a similar mode to that game in a post-release patch.
The Last of Us Remastered is set for release July 29 on PlayStation 4 for $49.99.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Destiny beta returns a day early, now available for Xbox players
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What worlds will we explore in Destiny?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4