The Last of Us Remastered will include a special mode for players to create and share images from the post-apocalyptic thriller, and Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells offered a glimpse at the mode on Twitter today.
During our hands-on session with The Last of Us Remastered yesterday, Naughty Dog community specialist Eric Monacelli said that the studio plans to implement a photo sharing mode with a launch-day patch. Players will be able to use the DualShock 4's Share button to post screenshots, as usual. But the special mode will allow them to turn off the game's HUD and tweak other elements to create artful images based on screengrabs from the game.
According to the photo Wells tweeted, the mode looks to be called Share Mode in The Last of Us Remastered; we've checked in with Naughty Dog to find out if that's the final name. It appears to offer filters such as vignetting that players can turn up as they see fit. Infamous: Second Son developer Sucker Punch added a similar mode to that game in a post-release patch.
The Last of Us Remastered is set for release July 29 on PlayStation 4 for $49.99.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta