The Last of Us Remastered will include a special mode for players to create and share images from the post-apocalyptic thriller, and Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells offered a glimpse at the mode on Twitter today.
During our hands-on session with The Last of Us Remastered yesterday, Naughty Dog community specialist Eric Monacelli said that the studio plans to implement a photo sharing mode with a launch-day patch. Players will be able to use the DualShock 4's Share button to post screenshots, as usual. But the special mode will allow them to turn off the game's HUD and tweak other elements to create artful images based on screengrabs from the game.
According to the photo Wells tweeted, the mode looks to be called Share Mode in The Last of Us Remastered; we've checked in with Naughty Dog to find out if that's the final name. It appears to offer filters such as vignetting that players can turn up as they see fit. Infamous: Second Son developer Sucker Punch added a similar mode to that game in a post-release patch.
The Last of Us Remastered is set for release July 29 on PlayStation 4 for $49.99.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS