AirMech Arena, the Xbox 360 version of the Herzog Zwei-inspired free-to-play online battle arena game, will have a closed beta on Xbox Live next week, Ubisoft and developer Carbon Games announced today.
Xbox 360 owners can sign up to play the beta of the action real-time strategy game through the official AirMech Arena website. An account for Ubisoft's Uplay service is required to take part. The closed beta will run from July 23-29.
The game takes place in a "war-torn future," where players take control of transforming robots called AirMechs to capture and protect bases. In addition to unlockable units, pilots and items, AirMech Arena also features single-player and multiplayer modes. AirMech Arena's cooperative and competitive modes allow teams of two-to-three players to play with friends while defending bases against enemies.
The game is expected to launch on Xbox 360 sometime this summer.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman