Blizzard has revealed that its popular digital card game Hearthstone will be receiving its first major addition next week.
The single-player-focused Curse of Naxxramas expansion will see its first "wing" released next Tuesday, July 22. That wing will be free for the duration of the expansion's launch event. Four further wings will follow on a weekly basis and will cost $6.99 or 700 in-game gold per wing.
While the majority of Hearthstone is centered around multiplayer, Curse of Naxxramas will pit players against challenging AI-controlled bosses. Overcoming these enemies will unlock 30 new cards that can then be used in regular play.
We'll have video coverage of Curse of Naxxramas here on Polygon next week. In the mean time, you can watch me introducing a fresh Griffin McElroy to Hearthstone below.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- New Simon the Sorcerer.
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?