Known in Japan as Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko, roughly translating to Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden, the game will launch in Japan on Sept. 27. There's no word just yet on a North American release.
In this new series installment, players take control of Kozukata Yuuri, a girl who can see spirits of those taken into the "Ghost World." On top of this, Yuuri discovers she has the ability to bring the spirits back into the real world by reaching Mount Hikamiyama.
According to Koei Tecmo, this sacred mountain is known as the mountain of death where those who wish to die can enter at a certain hour and cross from the world of the living to the world of the dead. The company states this will be the biggest Fatal Frame release to date.
As is standard in the series, players will find and capture ghosts using an in-game camera. In this Wii U iteration, players can use their Wii U GamePad to control the camera. Check out the trailer above to see how that works.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall