Blizzard is planning to introduce a new battleground to the alpha of its multiplayer online battle arena game Heroes of the Storm, the company confirmed in its latest blog post.
Garden of Terror is a new three-lane battleground that features a day and night cycle, says the studio. "When night falls, the night horrors will come out in the garden area of the Battleground and all normal mercenary camps will disappear.
"Garden of Terror provides us with the opportunity to feature our dynamic lighting. During the night, we turn down the brightness of your hero's vision, so the map becomes much darker. We recommend players to stay alert and keep your allies close, night is the perfect time for enemies to strike and take advantage of your reduced visibility."
The nature of these map changes, as well as the day and night cycle, is controlled by players. In other words, the night sequence won't end until all enemies are dead.
Heroes of the Storm is currently still in alpha. Check out our video below for Polygon's discussion over whether the game stands on its own next to the already numerous and popular games in the genre. Additionally, you can look into the design history of the game in our interview with Blizzard about the game's roots as a StarCraft mod.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Heroes of the Storm's newest character plucked from World of Warcraft's comic