The latest mobile spin-off from the Assassin's Creed franchise is card battler Assassin's Creed Memories, Ubisoft announced today.
In Memories, players will travel throughout time building their own assassins' guild through a blend of strategy role-playing game mechanics and card-collecting. Players will recruit famous assassins as well as create their own to fight in multiplayer combat with up to 20 players on each side.
Assassin's Creed Memories is part of a collaboration between Gree and free-to-play mobile games developer PlayNext.
"The card battle genre has been hugely popular around the world and GREE and PlayNext have demonstrated their know-how and expertise on such games," said Ubisoft mobile division managing director Jean-Michel Detoc in the announcement post. " With such expertise, we really believe they're bringing a great new way to enjoy the richness of the Assassin's Creed universe to mobile players."
"We are passionate about creating great experiences for mobile players and we have applied all of our learnings and success with past games to Assassin's Creed Memories," added JT Nguyen, COO of PlayNext. "We want to capture all the excitement and beauty of Assassin's Creed and apply it to a completely new experience for mobile players."
Assassin's Creed Memories will be free-to-play and is slated to his iOS soon.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding