The latest round of changes to Battlefield Hardline's beta includes a reduction in explosive frequency, updated displays and longer match rounds, lead multiplayer designer Thad Sasser announced via the game's website.
Battlefield Hardline is the upcoming cops 'n robbers-themed entry in the franchise. Visceral Games is using beta feedback to improve upon the game; the process is detailed as part of the Community's Most Wanted feature.
"We have heard your complaints about breaking the cops and robbers experience with the amount of heavy explosive weaponry available, but we didn't want to sacrifice fun," Sasser wrote. "We've made changes to reduce the frequency of explosive use to focus on the core gameplay, and we've made the use of explosive much more believable now."
The developer is working to establish a better in-game heads-up display, rename and rebalance the mechanic class and revisit the game's customization screen and matches.
"A significant amount of feedback during the Beta was received regarding the quick progression of rounds," Sasser wrote. "We've made tweaks to both Heist and Blood Money that should help make the experiences last longer without sacrificing any of the fun."
Other changes being made include improving situational awareness, increased vehicle health and bug fixes.
"We want to reinforce how important your feedback has been — we have a lot of other awesome changes underway and will be sharing more soon," Sasser wrote.
Battlefield Hardline will make an appearance later this month at San Diego Comic-Con, where Polygon will be reporting on-site. For the full list of beta improvements, check out the post.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.