Some Xbox Live users are currently having trouble signing in, using Xbox Music and using Xbox Video, according to an update on the Xbox Live service status page.
As of the latest update, which came at 5:10 p.m. ET sign-in issues exist in Xbox One and other Xbox platforms, such as SmartGlass devices. Some individuals attempting to browse Xbox Video and Xbox Music on non-console Xbox devices are encountering problems, according to an update posted at 4:51 p.m. ET. And since 1:23 p.m. ET, a specific issue across Xbox 360, Xbox One and other devices has been preventing some Xbox Live users from watching seasons of television shows that they've already purchased through Xbox Video.
The PBS and Twitch apps are also having some problems. PBS isn't showing up in the app list, while people are having difficulty trying to play "certain content" in the Twitch app. According to the status page, aside from the aforementioned issues, everything else — the Xbox website, social features and gaming — is working fine. Earlier today, the PlayStation Network was operating with intermittent service because of a flood of traffic prior to the launch of the Destiny beta.
If you're having trouble with anything, keep checking the Xbox Live service status page for more details. We've reached out to Microsoft for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: "Our engineering teams are working to fix the issues and we expect service to be back to full performance as soon as possible," said a Microsoft representative in an email to Polygon. "In the meantime, our apologies for the interruption."
Update 2: As of 5:48 p.m. ET, Microsoft has fixed the problem with watching TV shows on Xbox Video. The other issues persist, however.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming