The alpha for Destiny came with a charming bit of bad dialog from Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage. It was so bad that it became a meme, a meme that game developer Bungie slapped onto a t-shirt and put up for sale.
But along with the tongue-in-cheek shirt came a promise that the game's dialog would improve as the game went from alpha to beta to retail.
When the beta hit this afternoon, the first thing we did was race to find that mission, the one with the moon wizard. While the missions remains, the line of dialog has changed. I'll leave it to you to decide which is better.
The video above kicks off with the alpha footage of the end of the mission and then pops into the beta version of the same mission's ending.
Interested in seeming more than half-a-minute of Destiny beta gameplay video? Check out our livestream from earlier today.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders