The alpha for Destiny came with a charming bit of bad dialog from Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage. It was so bad that it became a meme, a meme that game developer Bungie slapped onto a t-shirt and put up for sale.
But along with the tongue-in-cheek shirt came a promise that the game's dialog would improve as the game went from alpha to beta to retail.
When the beta hit this afternoon, the first thing we did was race to find that mission, the one with the moon wizard. While the missions remains, the line of dialog has changed. I'll leave it to you to decide which is better.
The video above kicks off with the alpha footage of the end of the mission and then pops into the beta version of the same mission's ending.
Interested in seeming more than half-a-minute of Destiny beta gameplay video? Check out our livestream from earlier today.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart