Microsoft's plan to shut down Xbox Entertainment Studios, the division established to create original programming for Xbox, hasn't impacted the development of Quantum Break, Remedy Entertainment's live action TV show-video game hybrid, Microsoft tells Polygon.
Quantum Break "will be released next year and the game and show both remain on track," a Microsoft spokesperson said.
"The news of Xbox Entertainment Studios has not impacted our progress and we're excited to share more details of Quantum Break at Gamescom in August," the statement reads.
Microsoft confirmed plans to shut down Xbox Entertainment Studios "in the coming months" earlier today. The shutdown is part of a larger sweeping cuts at the company, which could impact some 18,000 employees. Production will continue on some Xbox Entertainment Studios programming already in development, including the Signal to Noise documentary series, the Ridley Scott-produced episodic series Halo Nightfall and the Halo television series.
Remedy and Microsoft announced Quantum Break in May 2013 as a new, original property for Xbox One. Quantum Break is described as one part "cinematic action game," one part "top of the line live-action show." The game's narrative will be split between the two entertainment mediums and is meant to be experienced as a unified creative work. The game will alternate between extended sequences of gameplay and half-hour episodes of television.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Vahikaran specialist astrologer +91-9914703222
- Black magic love marriage specialist +91-9914703222
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?