Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, a new title in the long-running fantasy series, will feature protagonists and environments from past releases, Square Enix announced.
The company is currently accepting pre-registration for the upcoming release, which will give those pre-registered users five Mythril at the game's launch.
Record Keeper tells the story of a boy named Apprentice who is sent into the worlds of memories that have been sealed away within paintings. Apprentice will relive these memories from earlier Final Fantasy games, including Zanarkand, the big bridge and the Northern Cave.
The game will also feature protagonists from earlier games including Final Fantasy 3's Luneth, Final Fantasy 7's Cloud Strife and Final Fantasy 9's Zidane Tribal, who can all be added to your party by clearing dungeons.
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper will launch on iOS and Android devices. No release date has been announced just yet.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding