Airtight Games, the Washington based game studio best known for the 2014 release Murdered: Soul Suspect, quietly closed the doors of its Redmond headquarters less than a month after the launch of the ghostly action game, Geekwire reports.
The company's former office space is currently shuttered, with a sign outside the premises confirming its closure. Earlier in the year, the company confirmed to Polygon a small number of layoffs, describing it as a "part of a necessary restructuring."
Prior to this, company president Jim Deal confirmed to IGN at the time that existing projects were on schedule. "Layoffs like this are regrettable but part of the natural ebb and flow of game production," he wrote. "Airtight Games is actively seeking partners for exciting upcoming projects."
Airtight's recent release, Soul Fjord, was released exclusively for Ouya in January. Former Airtight Games creative director Kim Swift also recently joined Amazon Game Studios.
Murdered: Soul Suspect received a 7 out of 10 review from Polygon, which you can check out here.
Update: Airtight Games posted a farewell message on Twitter following news of the studio's closure. "Thanks to all of the fans, family, friends and colleagues who supported us and made the last 10 years possible. Thanks to all of the amazing people that worked on Dark Void, Quantum Conundrum, Murdered, Soul Fjord, Pixld and DerpBike."
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Tales of Xillia 2 review: time sink
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Sony's secretive division is hoping to find the next PlayStation or Walkman
- Ancient Space brings galactic RTS action back to PC
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- Legend of Grimrock 2 now in beta, iOS port of first game shown
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Netflix shows off experimental virtual reality interface
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?