Actress Lindsay Lohan has reportedly made good on threats to sue the developer of Grand Theft Auto 5 over claims that her likeness is used in the game.
The Associated Press reports that Lohan's legal team filed a lawsuit in a Manhattan court that alleges Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games based the character Lacey Jonas on the actress, who has starred in Herbie Fully Loaded and The Canyons.
The developer "incorporated her image, likeness, clothing, outfits, [Lohan's] clothing line products, ensemble in the form of hats, hair style, sunglasses" and the jean shorts worn by Lohan without her permission, according to the complaint.
Here's Lacey Jonas as she appears in-game.
The suit also alleges that the in-game hotel Gentry Manor, based on West Hollywood hotel Chateau Marmont, is associated with Lohan, as she formerly resided there.
In Grand Theft Auto 5, players can encounter Lacey Jonas in a mission in which they must escort her to escape the paparazzi. Her in-game dialogue portrays her as a famous Vinewood actress with an eating disorder.
Polygon has reached out to Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive for further details.
GTA 5 was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Sept. 17, 2013. The game will come to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One later this year.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27