Bethesda Softworks vice president of PR and marketing Pete Hines will launch PAX Australia 2014 with the convention's ‘storytime' keynote, the event's organizers announced today.
Working at Bethesda since 1999, Hines currently oversees the company's marketing and PR as its chief spokesman. His work at Bethesda spans numerous franchises such as The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Wolfenstein and new IPs such as Dishonored and The Evil Within. Additional confirmed international guests for PAX Australia include musical acts Paul & Storm, Freezepop and MC Frontalot.
Organizers of PAX Australia are currently accepting game submissions for the Indie Showcase. Australian and New Zealand developers have until July 6 to apply for a place in the showcase where selected titles will receive free booth space in the center of the Indie Pavilion.
PAX Australia will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from Oct. 31 to 2 Nov. 2, 2014. Friday, Sunday and 3 Day International Tickets are still available for purchase from the official website.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard