Nintendo has ideas for a new Legend of Zelda game for Nintendo 3DS, though series creator Shigeru Miyamoto isn't sharing what those are just yet.
In response to a question during the company's 74th annual shareholders meeting, Miyamoto said that there are "a few titles under development" in the long-running adventure game series. Those include Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-like action game from Koei Tecmo, and the unnamed open world Zelda game for Wii U that premiered during E3 2014.
Miyamoto said that Nintendo is "gradually changing the structure of The Legend of Zelda series," as it did with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, the 3DS entry from 2013 that let players tackle dungeons in whatever order they liked.
"In addition to that," he said, "we have ideas for Nintendo 3DS which we have not announced yet, so I hope you will look forward to them."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?