Nintendo has ideas for a new Legend of Zelda game for Nintendo 3DS, though series creator Shigeru Miyamoto isn't sharing what those are just yet.
In response to a question during the company's 74th annual shareholders meeting, Miyamoto said that there are "a few titles under development" in the long-running adventure game series. Those include Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-like action game from Koei Tecmo, and the unnamed open world Zelda game for Wii U that premiered during E3 2014.
Miyamoto said that Nintendo is "gradually changing the structure of The Legend of Zelda series," as it did with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, the 3DS entry from 2013 that let players tackle dungeons in whatever order they liked.
"In addition to that," he said, "we have ideas for Nintendo 3DS which we have not announced yet, so I hope you will look forward to them."
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???