QuakeCon 2014 is fast approaching, and publisher Bethesda Softworks posted the schedule of the convention's special events today, a lineup headlined by the reveal of the new Doom game.
The unveiling of the title commonly known as Doom 4 will occur during the annual QuakeCon welcome ceremony, which is set for 6 p.m. CT on Thursday, July 17, at the Ventrilo Main Stage. Bethesda said earlier this week that the presentation is exclusively for QuakeCon 2014 attendees, and won't be shown anywhere else.
Other events scheduled for QuakeCon's first day include tournaments for The Elder Scrolls Online. On Friday, July 18, developer ZeniMax Online Studios will host a panel about the game's future from 5-7 p.m. that will be livestreamed on Bethesda's Twitch channel. And a Magic: The Gathering tournament will run from 7-11:30 p.m. at Table Top Village.
The highlight of the schedule for Saturday, July 19, is the "Designing the Perfect Game" panel, which will feature Obsidian Entertainment CEO Feargus Urquhart, former Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe and others. It will run from 5-6 p.m., and will also be livestreamed on Twitch.
You can check out the full schedule of events on the Bethblog. QuakeCon 2014 runs from July 17-20 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay