The charges a majority of Xbox One users are discovering with the usually free playable demos for FIFA 14 and EA Sports UFC are the result of an "error in the system," an EA Australia representative told Polygon, and should reset back to free within the next 24 hours.
Spotted by NeoGAF user WarpathDC, playable demo content for FIFA 14 on Xbox One was listed as $4.99. EA Sports UFC and FIFA 14 playable demo content was listed on Xbox One as $6.65 for Australian accounts when Polygon checked. EA Australia told Polygon that the error isn't on the PlayStation Network, but if it was, it's been rectified already.
The demo for EA Sports UFC launched for free on June 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and pits Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson against each other. The EA Canada-developed title was released June 17 on PS4 and Xbox One. Be sure to check out our review and our report on why Bruce Lee appears in the game.
The FIFA 14 demo was released Sept. 10 ahead of its full launch on Sept. 24 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, and at launch for new generation consoles. Watch our video review of FIFA 14 and our FIFA 15 preview from E3 2014.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack has a rap single and it's as tacky as you'd hope
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny