The charges a majority of Xbox One users are discovering with the usually free playable demos for FIFA 14 and EA Sports UFC are the result of an "error in the system," an EA Australia representative told Polygon, and should reset back to free within the next 24 hours.
Spotted by NeoGAF user WarpathDC, playable demo content for FIFA 14 on Xbox One was listed as $4.99. EA Sports UFC and FIFA 14 playable demo content was listed on Xbox One as $6.65 for Australian accounts when Polygon checked. EA Australia told Polygon that the error isn't on the PlayStation Network, but if it was, it's been rectified already.
The demo for EA Sports UFC launched for free on June 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and pits Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson against each other. The EA Canada-developed title was released June 17 on PS4 and Xbox One. Be sure to check out our review and our report on why Bruce Lee appears in the game.
The FIFA 14 demo was released Sept. 10 ahead of its full launch on Sept. 24 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, and at launch for new generation consoles. Watch our video review of FIFA 14 and our FIFA 15 preview from E3 2014.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League