The next Gears of War title could feature the return of Private Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, according to a tweet from the voice actor that portrays Cole.
In response to a question on Twitter about whether he had been contacted to reprise his role for the next Gears of War — in the works for Xbox One — actor Lester Speight responded that he had.
Cole's presence in the game could possibly herald the return of other series' main characters, including Marcus Fenix, Damon Baird and Anya Stroud.
The next Gears of War game is the first to be developed by Black Tusk Studios; all four previous titles were created under the Epic Games banner. In January of this year, Microsoft announced that it would be bringing the franchise in-house, having acquired the rights to the franchise — for all existing and future games — from original developer Epic. Microsoft also hired former Epic Games executive producer and director of production for the original three Gears titles Rod Fergusson to aid Vancouver-based Black Tusk with the series.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in the works, so 'please relax'