The next Gears of War title could feature the return of Private Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, according to a tweet from the voice actor that portrays Cole.
In response to a question on Twitter about whether he had been contacted to reprise his role for the next Gears of War — in the works for Xbox One — actor Lester Speight responded that he had.
Cole's presence in the game could possibly herald the return of other series' main characters, including Marcus Fenix, Damon Baird and Anya Stroud.
The next Gears of War game is the first to be developed by Black Tusk Studios; all four previous titles were created under the Epic Games banner. In January of this year, Microsoft announced that it would be bringing the franchise in-house, having acquired the rights to the franchise — for all existing and future games — from original developer Epic. Microsoft also hired former Epic Games executive producer and director of production for the original three Gears titles Rod Fergusson to aid Vancouver-based Black Tusk with the series.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios