Transformers Universe, the browser-based game that blends elements of MMOs and MOBAs into something its creators call a "multiplayer online tactical action" game, entered its open beta on Friday, developer Jagex announced.
Additionally, a 24-hour livestream is set to begin this hour over on Transformers Universe's Twitch channel.
The open beta launched with a gala weekend of bonuses and prizes, including double XP for players and a $75,000 prize pool offered to winners of some events. Jagex also is offering a $5,000 bounty to whomever can recruit the most friends to the game (with amounts ranging from $2,500 to $1,000 for the next 9 highest recruiters.)
"All you need to do is create an account and then jump straight in to battle," Jagex wrote, adding that its developers will be running around in-world, and can be identified by gold crowns next to their player IDs.
Transformers Universe is on target for a full launch this summer. For more about the game, see this video, explaining some of the vehicles, game modes and characters available in the game.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes