Infinite worlds, new biomes including jungles, and new mobs will come to Minecraft: Pocket Edition 0.9.0, an update that Mojang again promises is the version's biggest ever.
The update will launch on Thursday; that video above is a flyby teaser of what the new worlds will contain. Other features in Minecraft: Pocket Edition 0.9.0 include (according to Mojang):
- Infinite worlds.
- New blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves. Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers.
- New mobs, including endermen and Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new "interaction" button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again.
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition is avalable for iOS and Android devices through the iTunes, Google Play and Amazon app stores.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song