Mighty No. 9, the sidescrolling platformer from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, has opened a second funding campaign with the purpose of delivering English voice acting to the project, due to release in 2015.
Mighty No. 9 already has raked in $4 million from last year's Kickstarter, exhausting all stretch goals in the process. Inafune says that anything collected in the new funding round will be put toward new features, and that the second round is meant to give those who missed the original Kickstarter a chance to contribute to the project still.
This round of funding is being conducted through PayPal. Additional stretch goals are anticipated but not yet named.
Also, as promised, Mighty No. 9 will deliver an animated TV series. It is being produced by Tokyo-based Digital Frontier, which unveiled the trailer at Anime Expo in Los Angeles.
Mighty No. 9 is slated for a Spring 2015 release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Linux, Mac, Windows PC, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. For more on the game, see Polygon's interview with Inafune from September.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall