Mighty No. 9, the sidescrolling platformer from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, has opened a second funding campaign with the purpose of delivering English voice acting to the project, due to release in 2015.
Mighty No. 9 already has raked in $4 million from last year's Kickstarter, exhausting all stretch goals in the process. Inafune says that anything collected in the new funding round will be put toward new features, and that the second round is meant to give those who missed the original Kickstarter a chance to contribute to the project still.
This round of funding is being conducted through PayPal. Additional stretch goals are anticipated but not yet named.
Also, as promised, Mighty No. 9 will deliver an animated TV series. It is being produced by Tokyo-based Digital Frontier, which unveiled the trailer at Anime Expo in Los Angeles.
Mighty No. 9 is slated for a Spring 2015 release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Linux, Mac, Windows PC, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. For more on the game, see Polygon's interview with Inafune from September.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?