Mighty No. 9, the sidescrolling platformer from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, has opened a second funding campaign with the purpose of delivering English voice acting to the project, due to release in 2015.
Mighty No. 9 already has raked in $4 million from last year's Kickstarter, exhausting all stretch goals in the process. Inafune says that anything collected in the new funding round will be put toward new features, and that the second round is meant to give those who missed the original Kickstarter a chance to contribute to the project still.
This round of funding is being conducted through PayPal. Additional stretch goals are anticipated but not yet named.
Also, as promised, Mighty No. 9 will deliver an animated TV series. It is being produced by Tokyo-based Digital Frontier, which unveiled the trailer at Anime Expo in Los Angeles.
Mighty No. 9 is slated for a Spring 2015 release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Linux, Mac, Windows PC, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. For more on the game, see Polygon's interview with Inafune from September.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- Average salary of game developers is down from 2012, says survey
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4