The Pokémon National Championships running over the weekend in Indianapolis recently concluded with The Video Game Championship finals, crowning the winners of the three divisions.
Cory Connor won over Miranda Burrows in the Junior Division. Mackenzio Karouzos defeated Zack Thornberg for the Senior Division title, while Alex Ogloza beat Adib Alam for the Master Division crown. You can check out the winners' respective team of Pokémon used in the finals on the Pokémon National Championships hub.
In the Trading Card Game championships, Andy Younger prevailed over Jon-Luke Modory to win the Junior Division; Ishaan Jagiasi defeated Jeremiah Williams to win the Senior Division, and Brandon Salazar beat Michael Pramawat to claim the Master Division.
You can watch Twitch replays of the event on Monday, 9:00 a.m. ET and Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. ET. For more, see the official site for the Pokémon National Championships including the records of every player on the standings pages.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer