The Pokémon National Championships running over the weekend in Indianapolis recently concluded with The Video Game Championship finals, crowning the winners of the three divisions.
Cory Connor won over Miranda Burrows in the Junior Division. Mackenzio Karouzos defeated Zack Thornberg for the Senior Division title, while Alex Ogloza beat Adib Alam for the Master Division crown. You can check out the winners' respective team of Pokémon used in the finals on the Pokémon National Championships hub.
In the Trading Card Game championships, Andy Younger prevailed over Jon-Luke Modory to win the Junior Division; Ishaan Jagiasi defeated Jeremiah Williams to win the Senior Division, and Brandon Salazar beat Michael Pramawat to claim the Master Division.
You can watch Twitch replays of the event on Monday, 9:00 a.m. ET and Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. ET. For more, see the official site for the Pokémon National Championships including the records of every player on the standings pages.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off