Sega Networks and Gumi have partnered to bring Sega's Japanese games to new territories, the companies announced today.
First up, the new partnership will bring a localized version of the Japanese role-playing game Chain Chronicle to territories outside of Japan later this year. In the game, players take on the role of a soldier who must build and army and protect the land of Yugdo from the Black Army, unlocking stories for party members as the game progresses.
"The alliance and capital investment in Gumi will lead to more of our popular Japanese games making the leap to markets around the globe, starting with one of our biggest hits, Chain Chronicle," said Haruki Satomi, CEO of Sega Networks. "The publishing experience and support that Gumi can provide for this genre of games has already been proven with the success of Brave Frontier and we're confident in their ability to execute."
In a recent earnings report, Sega called out mobile popular games like Chain Chronicle and Puyopuyo!! Quest for their performance.
"Sega Networks provides some of the most enjoyable and well-known entertainment experiences to people throughout the world," said Gumi CEO Hironao Kunimitsu. "We are privileged and thrilled to build a robust strategic partnership that will advance Gumi's overseas operations and global publishing business to the next level."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Destiny beta returns a day early, now available for Xbox players
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What worlds will we explore in Destiny?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4