Destiny's beta will run for eight and a half days on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, and four and a half days on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, publisher Activision announced today.
Sony confirmed during its E3 2014 press briefing that the beta would begin July 17 on PS3 and PS4, and Microsoft announced later that month that the beta would arrive later in July on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Activision gave specific details today: While the beta will begin at different times, it will end on all platforms at 2:59 a.m. ET on Monday, July 28.
PS3 and PS4 owners with beta access will be able to start playing at 1 p.m. ET on July 17, and they'll be able to keep going until the end of the beta period, except for a two-day maintenance window — Destiny developer Bungie will take the beta offline from July 21-22. The studio will open the beta up again on July 23, when it will go live at 1 p.m. ET on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and continue on PS3 and PS4.
Bungie released a new trailer today specifically for Destiny's beta; you can watch it above. The studio also announced two special editions for the game, along with an Expansion Pass, which includes two post-release expansions for an additional $34.99.
Destiny is set for release Sept. 9. For more, check out our in-depth coverage from E3.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse