Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a skeleton riding a mech. And the mech has a giant skull of its own. And claws. And giant, motorcycle-esque exhaust pipes.
The weird monstrosity you're looking at is one of the first boss battles in Divinity: Original Sin. I've been really pulled into this game's combat in general, but the boss fights especially add new layers to the complicated, turn-based RPG battles.
You can watch my approach to this tense battle in the video above. It's not the smoothest fight ever, but I show off some of the cool things Divinity offers, such as the ability to summon a giant spider companion or conjuring a rain storm inside of a cave to help put out the fire that this boss spews all over my party members.
Watch out for a full review of Divinity: Original Sin on Polygon coming soon.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?