Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a skeleton riding a mech. And the mech has a giant skull of its own. And claws. And giant, motorcycle-esque exhaust pipes.
The weird monstrosity you're looking at is one of the first boss battles in Divinity: Original Sin. I've been really pulled into this game's combat in general, but the boss fights especially add new layers to the complicated, turn-based RPG battles.
You can watch my approach to this tense battle in the video above. It's not the smoothest fight ever, but I show off some of the cool things Divinity offers, such as the ability to summon a giant spider companion or conjuring a rain storm inside of a cave to help put out the fire that this boss spews all over my party members.
Watch out for a full review of Divinity: Original Sin on Polygon coming soon.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming