Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a skeleton riding a mech. And the mech has a giant skull of its own. And claws. And giant, motorcycle-esque exhaust pipes.
The weird monstrosity you're looking at is one of the first boss battles in Divinity: Original Sin. I've been really pulled into this game's combat in general, but the boss fights especially add new layers to the complicated, turn-based RPG battles.
You can watch my approach to this tense battle in the video above. It's not the smoothest fight ever, but I show off some of the cool things Divinity offers, such as the ability to summon a giant spider companion or conjuring a rain storm inside of a cave to help put out the fire that this boss spews all over my party members.
Watch out for a full review of Divinity: Original Sin on Polygon coming soon.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?