The Sony console, which launched in Japan in February following its release in the West, saw revenue of 706.3 million yen during the first half of 2014 — only a slight increase from the 663.9 million yen earned during the first half of 2013.
According to data from Media Create, the PlayStation 4 has failed to sell more than 10,000 units in a single week in over two months in Japan. This places the console behind both Wii U and PlayStation Vita in popularity.
More from Polygon
- A New Steam Controller
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?