The next game from Cliff Bleszinski and his new studio, Boss Key Productions, will be a free-to-play science fiction shooter for PC, provisionally called "BlueStreak," the designer said on Twitter this afternoon. The game will be published by Nexon.
Bleszinski had been hinting for a week he had news to share of his next game project. This news is not so much of a shocker; in December, he said he wanted to make a first-person arena shooter. "It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on, if you know what I'm saying," he told the podcast Pointless.
Details are forthcoming, but gamers shouldn't expect "a fake CG trailer showing "Gameplay" because that's not how @bosskey does it," Bleszinski added on Twitter.
Full disclosure: Cliff Bleszinski's brother, Tyler Bleszinski, is the founder of Polygon sister site and Vox Media progenitor SB Nation.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Shadow of Mordor's Wraith is the ring forger himself, Celebrimbor
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction